Graduate students with exceptional research papers will be awarded the YRG. This entitles the student to oral presentation of the research during the technical session specifically devoted to YRG and waived registration fee. At least five talented individuals will receive the award. The award is based on merit and is non-transferable.
The PSM would like to encourage and support their members who want to share their researches to the scientific community by awarding this grant to five (5) graduate / fresh graduate students whose paper have been accepted in the non-competing oral presentation of the annual convention. Chosen presenters will be selected and notified by the screening committee. This grant entitles the awardees full reimbursement of their registration fees.
PSM Young Researcher Grant will be based on the scientific merit of the study. The presentors of the top five papers based on the evaluation of the screening committee will be the recipients of the grant. The recipients of the award will receive full reimbursement of their pre-registration fees for the convention. All five presentors will present in one of the parallel sessions. The grant is non-transferable to co-authors of the paper. The presentor must present the paper during the scheduled session.
- Will be selected from abstracts of PSM members that are submitted for the non-competing oral papers in the technical session.
- The presenting author must be a graduate student (MS or PhD) or has graduated by June of the preceding year.
- The presenting author must have a substantial contribution to the study to be presented. Substantial contribution means the presentor is the author of the thesis/dissertation or a co-investigator of the study.
- The paper has not been published nor presented in any national or international scientific forum.
- Must be not more than 40 years old as of June of the convention year.
- Must not be a recipient of the PSM thesis subsidy or reproduction grant.