CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The University of the Philippines Manila College of Public Health, also designated as the
SEAMEO TROPMED Regional Centre for Public Health, Hospital Administration, Environmental
and Occupational Health, in collaboration with the Southeast Asian One Health University Network
(SEAOHUN) and the Philippine One Health University Network (PhilOHUN), invites applications for
INTRODUCTION TO ONE HEALTH
A short course for health, allied health, and collaborating professionals from higher educational
institutions and relevant government and non-government agencies
May 4 – 6, 2021
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
One Health is a holistic and multidisciplinary approach to addressing a wide range of health issues
through policies, programs, and research to achieve better public health outcomes.
This introductory course will allow the participants to recognize the importance of interdisciplinary
collaboration and the interrelatedness of human, animal, and environmental health.
Upon completion of the short course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the concept, scope, and applications of One Health;
2. Identify social and economic factors influencing food safety, control of zoonoses,
and combating antimicrobial resistance; and
3. Describe the challenges and opportunities in applying the One Health approach to achieve
better public health outcomes.
1. Health, allied health, or collaborating professional, with a postgraduate degree in a relevant
2. Affiliated with a higher education institution or a relevant government or non-government
3. Involved in teaching-training, research, and/or policy development
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
1. Fully accomplished registration form
2. Letter of intent endorsed by the participant’s unit/department head
3. List of research involvement and publications in the last five (5) years will be an advantage
Participants will receive a Certificate of Training upon completion of the short course.
Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Medical Technology, and Nursing CPD units will be granted.
Please register here: bit.ly/OHShortCourse
Deadline for applications: April 26, 2021
No registration fee required
Participants will be notified of their acceptance to the course through an official email.
For inquiries, please contact Dr. Sofia Ampo at [email protected]